Thursday, July 24, 2014

Circle of Peace Primary School

If you have followed my work here in Uganda, will you know that even before my first visit I had discovered the Circle of Peace Primary School, located in Makindye area (where quite notoriously violent army barracks during Idi Amin's rule still stand). I discovered this school on the web when I knew I was coming to the Kampala area and I wanted to find a school I could begin connecting with.

You can find the website here: http://www.circleofpeaceschool.org/Home.html

Today I was able to take a quick trip out to the school. The children remember me after all of these visits and they refer to me as Auntie Barbara... a quite endearing term for one who finds being an Aunt to be one of the great joys of her life. I'll let you read on the website about the school's beginning and its mission.

One very big heart of the school is MaryLove. She is a Uganda sister for me.


Today the children sang me a song. I recorded it, but I cannot figure out how to just include an audio file, so I will share the pictures.







In contrast with the school in Buloba, this school is an urban school. There are some boarding orphans who are from the mom's village, but most of the students are day students.


I know you would love this school, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment