Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy Birthday from Uganda

Today is a day to celebrate the birthdays of two of my "sons" - Sunil and Michael. I remember the first time I met them both - such special days for me. I knew with both of them that we would be friends for a long time.

Sunil is a wonderful friend, gentle, funny, engaging, helpful. He is one of the few people I consistently turn to when I need a helping hand. I enjoy his company. And it has been a delight watching him grow up. He has helped me, too, for example in becoming vegan. I love talking with Sunil - I always learn a lot. I treasure his friendship and can't quite imagine the world without him in it. Thankfully, I don't have to.


Michael came to Bloomington, with long beautiful hair. He and Kabara had been friends for awhile and it looked like it was going to develop into something more. He is down-o-earth, easy to get along with, steadfast, fun guy. He loves to learn. He knows how to work really hard. He always been so kind to me. And he has the most contagious enthusiasm and joy of anyone I have ever met. You simply cannot avoid feeling happy and excited when he is feeling that way around you.



I look forward to being able to celebrate many more birthdays with them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment