Monday, July 7, 2014

Sitting under the mango tree

I arrived at Entebbe airport to James's waiting smile on July 5 after a full 32 hours of travel. We were late and so he really had to wait for me. I was brought to a wonderful house on the campus here at Kyambogo University - home until the end of the month. The house is quite spacious and has every convenience.




There is a cat who lives outside called Molly.




I was so tired when I finally got into bed 2am local time. When I woke up on Saturday I thought my watch had failed me because it said the exact same time it had said when I went to bed..... Guess that means I really did sleep 12 hours. Unbelievable. Is that what jet lag is like? It's never happened to me before.

Outside the front door is a beautiful old mango tree, just perfect for sitting under in the warm Uganda breeze.



I have already crossed paths with Sarah Bunoti and James from the music department. I have had my first of many meals at a local lunch on the campus.

And James bedecked my kitchen with many culinary supplies, including this one.





Picture me sitting under that mango tree, coke zero in hand as I work. That'll be me in about 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics. It is so nice to see where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitty looks very cute. I wish I could see her face :-)

    ReplyDelete