Friday, July 11, 2014

Animals that have Greeted me (besides Molly the cat)

Today I want to share some of the animals I meet outside my door. I already shared a picture of Molly, the cat. You can usually find her sleeping near the front garden in the morning, but by afternoon she has wondered over to the lunch cafe and by evening she seems out on the prowl.

Here is another frequent visitor! He greeted me yesterday when I arrived home. He never seems to mind how close I get to him so long as he has his eyes on  me. And, so long as he has his eyes on me, I am not that keen to get any closer.



Every day a flock of chickens with a rooster are hanging out. They don't really want me to get very close, so I only managed to get one of them somewhat at a distance.



Does anybody know what that stance is in chicken communication? Look how different from the Turkey.

Then this morning it was my pleasure to watch a beautiful blue-crested heron. I could not take a photo of that one, but I got one from the internet.


Lest, you think I am only visited by birds, check out the friendly dog who is happy to hang out with me on the porch.


And, last, though certainly not least, my favorite visitor of the day resulted in two homo sapiens catching up.




Mr. Okumu stopped in for a nice surprise visit, we talked, had lunch, exchanged deliveries, and greeted one another. It was wonderful most of all to get caught up with him. He is a wonderful person and I am glad to call him a friend.

I'll keep you posted on other regulars. I wish I could document the butterflies. They are stunning, but they defy my skill level of photo taking.

The sun is down. The music is out. The sounds are lovely. The sweet smells fill the air. Happy Friday Night from Africa.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara. This is Evelyn. I guess you know you are amazing. But your blog tells me that even more so. In a time of such international meanness, the fact that you are loving children in America and across the world, is a smile making concept.

    ReplyDelete